Can't go wrong fried chicken recipe. You can either buy chicken parts or cut a larger chicken.
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable
- Put the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a brown paper bag. One by one, coat the chicken parts with mixture.
- In a large skillet, fry the chicken in 1 inch of hot oil until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain the oil.
- Put the chicken back into the pan and cover the pieces with cooking sherry. Cover the pan and reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Serve.