This recipe originally belonged to my Memaw. It's great served warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
- Image found at AllRecipes.com
- MegEl 02:55, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sugar (divided)
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- Melt butter in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and stir till mixed.
- Pour batter over butter in baking dish; do not stir.
- Combine peaches and remaining sugar.
- Spoon over batter.
- Do not stir.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.