This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
30 g (1 oz) 2 tablespoons of dairy free margarine 30 g (1 oz) scant 1/4 cup of rice flour 200 ml (7 fl oz) 3 1/2 cup of soya milk 2 tablespoons of Cointreau or any orange liqueur 1 tablespoon of caster (superfine) sugar 140 g (5 oz) of (dairy free / gluten free) luxury dark chocolate broken up 4 large free-range egg yolks 6 egg whites Pinch of salt
- Grease 1 1/2 litre (2 pint) 3 US pint souffle dish, with Dairy free margarine and dusted with a little extra caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan. sift in the flour and gradually beat in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- When the sauce is thick and smooth, add the Cointreau, a tablespoon of caster (superfine) sugar and the chocolate pieces.
- Remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate has melted and blended with the other ingredients.
- Mix in the egg yolks. Now whisk the egg whites, with a pinch of salt, in a bowl until stiff.
- Stir 1 spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and then fold in the rest with a metal spoon.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and bake, for 30 minutes until puffed, but just firm in the centre.
- Serve immediately.