- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened butter (not margarine)
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed (approx. 3 cups)
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2½ cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric beater cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add bananas and eggs, beating until well mixed.
- Sift together dry ingredients three times and blend with the banana mixture until just blended – don't overmix.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into two lightly greased 5" x 9" x 3" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to l hour, until firm in the center and the edges begin to come away from the pan.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes and then remove from the pans.