Cook Time: 3 minutes
Delicate and tasty, these little crab cakes can be served as a simple supper or as an appetizer for eight people. Using a mixture of white and brown crab meat ensures a depth of flavor and texture. Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.
- 2⅔ cups fresh crab meat, white and brown
- 1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 - 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and black pepper
- Put the crab meat in a bowl and add the ginger, some salt and ground black pepper and the flour. Stir well until thoroughly mixed.
- Using floured hands, divide the mixture into 16 equal sized pieces and shape roughly into patties.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and add the patties, four at a time. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Remove with a metal spatula and leave to drain on paper towels for a few minutes.
- Keep the cooked crab cakes warm while you cook the remaining patties in the same way.
- Serve immediately.