In Romanian: Serbet de flori de salcim
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g acacia flowers
- 2 lbs / 1 kg sugar
- 1 qt / 1 l water
- juice from ½ lemon
- Clean the acacia flowers as for Rose Preserves and set to boil with 1 qt / 1 l of water.
- After a couple of minutes of boiling, remove from heat, cover, let cool off, then strain through cheese cloth.
- Set the strained liquid to boil with the sugar (preferably lump sugar), at low heat to start with and after removing all foam, at medium heat.
- Wipe the inner walls of the pot with a clean, wet cloth and let boil until thickened.
- When tepid, beat the mixture, adding the lemon juice gradually, at the end.